HuniePop DVD-ROM Game
About HuniePop DVD-ROM Game
HuniePop is a unique RPG experience for the PC. It's a gameplay first approach that's part dating sim, part puzzle game, with RPG-like systems and a visual novel style presentation.
- 8 gorgeous girls each with their own personalities, preferences, and style. (Rumor has it there are several secret characters to unlock as well!)
- More than 20 in-game locations each with beautiful hand painted environment art and many with full day/night cycles.
- Over 250 unique items (food, drinks, gifts, accessories) that you can purchase, unlock, collect, and give as gifts.
- A beautifully composed soundtrack containing over 20 tracks of original music inspired by eastern pop, jazz, and bossa nova melodies.
- Thousands of lines of dialog, fully and professionally voice acted, complete with a unique character lip-syncing system.
- Customize girls' appearances with unlockable outfits and hairstyles! The girls will also dress up for dates! (Or dress down afterwards...)
- Collect nearly 50 stunning CG photo's depicting the girls in various scenarios, including steamy bedroom scenes.
- An addicting match-3 style puzzle dating system with it's own unique twists including upgradeable traits/stats, the ability to move any number of positions, and special date gifts that have a variety of interesting effects on the puzzle.
Windows XP or higher / Mac OSX 10.6 or higher / Ubuntu Linux or equivalent
CPU: (Required) 1.2GHz Processor / (Recommended) 2.4GHz Processor
Memory: (Required) 2GB / (Recommended) 4GB
Harddrive Space: 1GB
Monitor Resolution: 800 x 600
Colors: (Required) 16bit colors / (Recommended) 24bit colors
Graphics: (Required) 8MB VRAM, DirectX 9.0a / (Recommended) 16MB VRAM, DirectX 9.0a
Ratings & Reviews
Not a visual novel, and that's completely okay
by Christian -
Disclaimer: These characters are very much American as is the developer HuniePot. I mention that because there have been a large number of poor quality visual novels flooding the market from anime-styled western developers in the last few years, on Steam and elsewhere. This is neither poor quality, nor is it a real visual novel with a central plot and choices.
It does however have the trappings of a visual novel, and within that framework, HuniePop is a fantastic match-three game in the spirit of Bejeweled, or more specifically puzzle combat games like Puzzle Quest. By giving a girl gifts she likes, you in turn receive items that can be used during "dates." These dates are the meat of the game as a very addictive and fair limited-turn puzzle game. The late game is legitimately challenging as well.
I wasn't expecting much going into this, and it ended up being one of my favorite games of 2015 and my favorite Bejeweled-style game overall. Definitely give this game a look.
Fun game to kill time with
by Crypt of Doodlebob -
It's like playing candy crush with XXX-scenes once you get to a certain point of "love", and without the whole need to wait for or buy more "lives"... It's fun to play and the "Fairy sidekick" is a trip... I do not see a real reason not to buy this version over the censored steam version unless you are a kid, which in that case STAY AWAY CHILD... *ahem* its a fun game, buy it lol
Great game, even better distribution
by Joe Son -
Not only is Huniepop a great game, but this physical copy is even better.
The entire game is on the disc, it doesn't require some extra "service" like Steam, and there is no DRM.
Games are a good, not a service, and should be sold as such. Paid digital distribution is a cancer on PC gaming and unfortunately most games on PC only get released digitally.
Kudos to the developer for giving this game a proper physical release. If they give Huniepop 2 a proper physical release like this then I will happily buy it.