1. Home
  2. Shop
  3. Blu-ray
  4. City Hunter Season 2 Part 1 Blu-ray

City Hunter Season 2 Part 1 Blu-ray

5 star rating out of 5
1 Review
SKU: 875707020527

Retail Price: $69.95

Your Price: $52.46

In Stock

About City Hunter Season 2 Part 1 Blu-ray

City Hunters Season 2 Part 1 contains episodes 1-38 of the anime directed by Kenji Kodama.

The City Hunter continues to stalk the most dangerous game... when he’s not trying to pick up women.

Whether he’s hired as a bodyguard or troubleshooter, Ryo Saeba, the legendary City Hunter, never misses his target. This volume memorably features several blasts from the past: A woman with a connection to Umibozu appears and she has a vendetta against him. Kaori’s late brother, Makimura, is accused by Interpol of smuggling drugs before his death. And Ryo teams up with an old colleague and rival, Robert, to protect a princess. Meanwhile, Ryo’s whole existence as the City Hunter is in jeopardy when a reporter/camerawoman seeks to feature the urban legend for a major story. All this and the usual mokkori hijinks!


  • Publisher: DISCOTEK
  • Media: Blu-ray
  • Spoken Language: Japanese
  • Subtitle Language: English
  • Genre: Action, Comedy, Mystery
  • Age Rating: 14+
  • Run Time: 860
  • Year Created: 1988
  • Release Date: 7/27/2021
  • Dimensional Weight: 1
  • Region Code: A

Shipping Info

All Canadian and International orders are held until all items are in stock.

For domestic orders, If an order is placed with in-stock items as well as pre-order or back ordered items, the order will remain unshipped until all products are in-stock with the following exceptions:

If you have another order that is fully in-stock, when we process that order, we will occasionally ship all products that are available on ALL of your orders with this shipment.

Our system will occasionally release domestic orders for partial shipping based on our order volume, usually 50% of your products have to be in-stock, however when this occurs it will pull in-stock products from your other orders if applicable.

Generally, the rules stated above are followed, however we reserve the right to partial ship at any time. Therefore, if you are wanting something shipped immediately it is recommended to place separate orders for your in-stock vs. pre-order products.

Ratings & Reviews

1 review

  • 4 stars
  • 0
  • 3 stars
  • 0
  • 2 stars
  • 0
  • 1 star
  • 0
5 star rating out of 5

Another Fantastic Second Season of "City Hunter" Action, Comedy, and Mokkori

by -

I purchased this set when learning Discotek included storyboards showcasing a special showing of episode 18 (Episode 69) on disc three. A great feature that I thought worth the cost, as 60% of screen plays the episode, while the other 40% of screen displays the 125+ drawn storyboards by Artist/Director Kiyoshi Egami...a nice addition and hope this feature is highlighted in seasons 3 and 4 of the show.

As with season one, expect beautiful vibrant colors, the splicing errors corrected, and totally re-mastered edition. I also liked that, just as with the first season, the discs are held in 'Flip Trays' within the BD case.

A huge improvement over my old ADV sets. Except, the 'Glossary' and 'Art Sketches' are missing here. These sketches detailed the weapons, specialized gear, and cars/vehicles owned by Ryo, Kaori, Umibozu, and Saeko...but hope these features may yet appear in future season(s) of CH. A highly recommended buy and enjoy in upscale 1080p / 4:3 format.